Buy Now


The Gott Collection was assembled in the 19th Century by John Gott (1830-1906), Vicar of Leeds and later Bishop of Truro, and his father William (1797-1863), a wool merchant. It was presented to Wakefield Art Gallery in 1930 by Frank Green, a Yorkshire industrialist and philanthropist.

The collection, bound in ten volumes, includes 1,200 images consisting of watercolours, drawings and prints in the form of maps, sketches, plans and detailed architectural drawings. In all, it documents over 200 Yorkshire villages, towns and cities.

Read more

Supported By

Esmee Fairbairn Foundation